Saturday, July 31, 2010

Yup, it's songbirds again

Got another fairly large picture post today, so I'll just get right to it.

A Purple Finch repositioning itself a bit higher on my bird feeder:



Three for the price of one:



Someone's having a bad hair day:



One of those rare times I was already pointing my camera at the feeder when some action took place:









It appears the parking lot is getting full...



Posing nicely for the camera:



This afternoon I went over to Mom and Dad's to celebrate my birthday (which was actually Wednesday) with my family. Joining us for a terrific meal were my brother Greg, my grandmother, my aunt and uncle, and one of my cousins. Naturally, while I was at the house I spent some time sitting outside watching and photographing birds. I even spent a little time standing close to the front door. I was hoping a bird Dad spotted just a few minutes earlier, which he believed to be a Yellow Warbler, would come back to the tree it'd been sitting in. But, alas, it was not meant to be. I did, however, get the chance to photograph a male Cardinal attempting to impersonate a male hummingbird by stealing one of its favorite spots to perch:



A female hummingbird as she sat on the feeder that hangs just off the dining room window:



A couple of interesting bugs (they look like moths to me) as they took a breather on the grass:



I liked how the reflection came out in this shot of a Goldfinch drinking from the fountain on the porch:



Another severe case of chipmunk cheeks:



A Redpoll on one of the feeders:



The same Redpoll being joined by a House Finch:



The finch itself:



A Chickadee snacking on a bit of seed:



And the obligatory Kaylee shot, taken upon her request to serve as proof that she does indeed know how to share the couch with others:

No comments:

Post a Comment