Thursday, July 29, 2010

Just ducky

One final duck extravaganza for you today; the trial I was participating as a juror in concluded this evening, so I will not be returning to Bennington tomorrow. I didn't get back home until after 9 p.m., and am writing this at about 11:40 p.m. So this'll definitely be another post heavy on the pictures and light on the text...







I really liked the contrast between the blurriness of the wings and the clarity of the rest of the duck's body in this one:



In case you ever had any doubts as to the accuracy of the phrase "like water off a duck's back"...



I caught this one hopping up on the shore:











The way this one's wing is fanned out gives it, to my eye, a profile similar to that of a peacock. Notice how the left leg is stretched out under the wing as well:



And now the other side:











In this one I really loved how the feathers came out:



I don't know about you, but to me this is the look of a creature that's about two minutes away from causing some serious mischief:



Not the best picture focus-wise, but I still thought it was pretty interesting:

No comments:

Post a Comment