Saturday, July 3, 2010

Triple play: part 2

If you haven't yet seen the first part of today's mammoth post, just click here to rectify that oversight.

I got extremely lucky with this next sequence of shots, as a hummingbird decided to work some of the flowers in one of Mom's gardens while I was standing fairly close by:







The Rose-breasted Grosbeaks were frequent visitors throughout the day once again, presenting me lots of opportunities for a variety of shots; I tried to be mindful of what I've posted in the past, and hopefully managed to select some that aren't too similar to previous images:







While he looks quite similar to a female Rose-breasted Grosbeak in many respects, this lucky catch of a juvenile male with his wing up shows how he's already shifting toward the plumage he'll have as an adult:



However, he was still making his "feed me" cries, probably hoping to score a free meal:



Two males trying to figure out whether or not they want to argue; they eventually decided the feeders were big enough for the both of them:



A male and female working on their communication skills:



I was a bit bummed at first when I saw the angle hadn't been quite right to see both their beaks, but then I realized their reflection in the feeder provides an excellent sense of how close they were together:



Finally making contact:



"Dude! Find your own spot!":



"Yeah, don't even think about hopping on up here.":



I just thought this last one came out pretty cool:



And that does it for this part. To check out the third and final post, just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment