Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mishmash

When I got home around 5:30 this evening, it was 84 degrees in my apartment. Which still made it nearly 10 degrees cooler than it was outside. It's only now, as we come up on 9 p.m., that it doesn't feel like work to breathe. Abso-freakin'-lutely ridiculous.

So today's photos consist of shots taken around my apartment complex once I finally mustered the wherewithal to remain mobile and upright for more than 10 seconds.

To start, a lucky shot of a Cardinal as it flew across the yard:



The orange cat in a shot taken close to sunset:



A day lily:



The shadow cast by the staircase caught my eye here, as I thought it looked a lot like a man's face:



Finally, a shot of the mountains. No, that's not cloud cover, low-lying fog, or smoke you're seeing: that's the haze created by the @#$%ing humidity:



Now to go dunk my head in a bucket of ice...

No comments:

Post a Comment