Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A walk in the park part 2: frankly, my deer...

Seen part 1 yet? If not, click here before going any further.

And now that everyone's caught up, part 2.

After taking a truckload of duck photos, I decided I should probably get a few pictures of the deer the populate the deer park as well.

This young male is standing with his forelegs in the small stream running through the park; he'd just taken a drink, and still had some water running off his chin:



Loved the way the ear was backlit in this shot:



Call me crazy, but I have a feeling that this doe is pregnant:



A couple of beauty shots:





As the article indicated, the park is a popular spot for families:





It turned out the ducks weren't the only birds spending time around the pond today—I also spotted some Cedar Waxwings flying back and forth across the water:



It's not a great shot of either, but I did manage to catch two waxwings in the same frame:



Not a great shot, but I liked the wing fan in this one:



I stopped by the post office on my way home, and had just finished backing out of my parking spot and turning around to head out when I spotted this Catbird. Because even though I'd already taken more than 350 pictures, how could I possibly resist when it posed so nicely for me?





Thus endeth another epic post. I'm back in Bennington again tomorrow, so it's entirely possible the ducks and deer will get some more face time...

No comments:

Post a Comment