Saturday, July 3, 2010

Triple play: part 3

To save you some scrolling time, part 1 is here and part 2 is here.

And last, but hopefully not least, part 3. To start with, I present to you this chipmunk:



I know, I know. You're thinking "Awww, how cute! Look at how innocent and sweet and cuddly it is!" I certainly was when I was taking this picture.

However.

DO NOT LET THE ADORABLENESS FOOL YOU!! IT IS ALL A RUSE!

See this Blue Jay, minding its own business and looking for seeds? Know what happened when it unwittingly strayed into the chipmunk's personal space? That's right...

THE CHIPMUNK UNLEASHED ALL OF THE MIGHT AND POWER OF ITS FURRY WRATH UPON THE INTERLOPER:



Which, thankfully, had the good sense to get the hell out of there immediately:



I'm sorry you had to see that, but I feel it's important that everyone know the truth.

Finally, the part everyone knew was coming: Kaylee pictures. She was very, very mellow for most of the day; from the time I arrived in the morning until mid-afternoon, whenever I went to look for her I'd find some variation of this pose:



Eventually, though, she was ready to go outside and stretch her legs. Not to mention roll around on the grass for a bit:







"What are you lookin' at?"



I eventually went and got her a carrot so she'd have something to keep herself occupied while I took pictures. I'm sure she was grateful, even if her expression here is telling me, "do not even THINK about taking this back":



Mmm... carrots...



After looking around for just the right spot to enjoy her treat, she got down to business:





Good to the last chomp:



And for our closing shot, I couldn't resist going with one of the photos I took earlier in the day—I'm a total sucker for that sleepy face:

1 comment:

  1. Vorpal chipmunk! Aaaauuuughh! Run away! Run away!

    I didn't know dogs ate carrots. I learn new things from you every day.

    Wonderful pictures, Sara.

    ReplyDelete