Saturday, May 22, 2010

Triple threat 1: Oops, I did it again

Remember how last week I spent Saturday at my parents' place and ended up taking a boatload of pictures?

Yeah, that happened again today.

So, since I'm looking at another triple post, let's get right to it. To start off, a male cardinal in a blue spruce tree:





A hummingbird perched on top of that same spruce:



And at one of my parents' feeders:



A female cardinal sharing the post with a male rose-breasted grosbeak:



That's a hairy woodpecker on the left and a downy woodpecker on the right:



A titmouse on the porch fountain:



A female Baltimore oriole exploring one of Mom's gardens:



And getting a drink at the waterfall:



A goldfinch coming in for a landing:



I liked the bits of seed flying through the air in this one:



A grackle with quite a mouthful:



Coming back for more:



And shortly after an encounter with an electrical socket. No, not really:



A red squirrel getting a drink:



A chipmunk peeking its head out from under the baffle on the oriole feeder post:



Going down...



No, going up...



I liked how these two were pointed in opposite directions:



That does it for part 1. Stay tuned for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment