Sunday, May 2, 2010

Another quiet Sunday

It was an unseasonably warm day here today, hitting a high of 87 degrees where I live during midday—it's only gotten down to 78 degrees as I type this. So I just made a quick trip down to the pond here to see what I might try to photograph this afternoon. Luckily, in between providing an all-you-can-eat buffet for black flies and trying to elude a huge bee that took a liking to me I did manage to get a few pictures.

This time around I managed to spot the wood duck that was sitting across the pond and was able to photograph it on purpose. As I suspected, though, the resulting picture wasn't any better than my accidental shots the other day. But I'm pretty sure the female duck is standing to the left of the male duck in this one:



The kingfisher made an appearance tonight, once again using a dead tree to help kill the fish it had snagged. It shifted spots after it ate, and as you can see it really stood out against the light gray of the trunk:



A pair of exhibitionist ladybugs:



A Canada goose in flight:



And a couple of landscape shots to close things out:


No comments:

Post a Comment