Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday outing

Well, I did indeed head back down Route 30 this afternoon to photograph some of the places I had to pass by yesterday. Traffic was a bit lighter, which was a good thing as far as I was concerned—it greatly reduced the chances that my occasional slowdowns and abrupt pull offs would incite road rage in a fellow motorist







This may be my favorite from today's batch:



Gotta love those scenic vistas:





I actually stopped in the middle of the road I was on when I took each of these last two. But only because it was a side road, and there wasn't anyone behind me at the time:





On my way back I noticed a large bird taking advantage of some thermals over a farmer's field. I pulled over, switched to my zoom lens, and hopped out of my car. As it turns out, the thermals drew a bit of a crowd. The first bird I saw was this Redtail Hawk:



Shortly after I lost sight of the hawk, some Turkey Vultures cruised into view:



I was lucky enough to have one of the vultures circle almost directly over my head for a few minutes



And finally, a shot I took upon arriving home this evening:

No comments:

Post a Comment