Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Rain fall

I've always liked the look of autumn trees during and just after a rain, as the changing leaves seem even more vivid than usual against dark, wet bark. So after work today I revisited the trees in front of the First Congregational Church to try and capture that look. I didn't think this one turned out too bad:



I have no idea how I ended up with these leaves catching what little light there was just right to really make them pop... Er, I mean you would not believe the planning, thoughtfulness, and precision required to make this shot happen. Lots of hard work and determination on my part. Yup, that's the ticket:



I also wanted to get at least one or two shots with some visible water droplets in them:





While I stood under one of the trees, contemplating what I might want to photograph next, this White-Breasted Nuthatch came in for a bit to explore the tree trunk:





And one last wet tree/pretty leaves contrast shot:

1 comment:

  1. You have a good eye for detail and color. Never mind how long it took to set up the shot, they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete