Sunday, October 17, 2010

Action on the wing

Since I'm posting photos of birds on and around my bird feeder for the second straight day, I decided I'd at least try to mix things up by making this post all about the action shots. Of course, the fact that I got some pretty good ones today made this decision a pretty easy one.

First up, Chickadees:





I found it interesting that in this particular frame the Chickadee is only using one wing to maneuver itself to a different perch on the feeder:





One of my favorites of the bunch:







And a few of the Purple Finches. The truck in the background is what caused the female to take flight (the male, for whatever reason, never budged):





The last of the action shots I took today; it ended up also being a good one to close out the post with:

2 comments: