Friday, October 8, 2010

On the road again

Time for more foliage shots, courtesy of another trip up Kelly Stand Road. I tried to time it so I'd be there when the late afternoon light was hitting the river, but I was just a little too late; the road winds its way up and along a mountainside, so the sun gets blocked out by the trees and the terrain a good bit earlier than it does down here in town. Didn't stop me from taking photos, of course...





You knew at least one of these would feature motion blur:





As I made my way back down the hill, I finally hit a spot where the light was making it through, at least enough to illuminate the tops of a few trees, that also had a place to pull over relatively close by. And, in a nice change of pace, I didn't even have to scramble over a bunch of large rocks to get these shots—I just stood on the side of the road and started clicking away:





I was standing almost directly underneath the leaves when I took these next two shots:





And back to a more conventional perspective for the last one:

No comments:

Post a Comment