Saturday, January 23, 2010

Might have overdone it a tad...

Lots of pictures today, so I'll just get right to it. I took this first one standing just next to my parents' house when Kaylee and I went out for our first walk this morning. I didn't quite capture the colors I'd hoped to, but I still liked how it came out.



The rest of these were taken during our midday walk, when we went over to Equinox Pond and back. As you can see, clear blue skies were the order of the day:



As we walked, I noticed the snow along the edge of the pond was different from the rest of the powdery stuff—for whatever reason, it was in larger, more crystalline flakes rather than the fine, powdery stuff everywhere else, making for a striking visual:





I discovered lots of interesting ice formations when I checked out the little brook coming off the pond. The light wasn't the best due to the time of day, but I thought this one still came out okay:



This was taken on our way back to the house; I liked the spider web effect created by the light in the branches:



Looking up through the trees:



And our obligatory Kaylee shot:

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying these, Sara - it's like travelling without getting wet and cold.

    The last one would make a lovely Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are terrific! You had a prolific day, yesterday. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete