Thursday, November 18, 2010

Winging it

Lots of traffic around my feeder means I've got quite a few pics to share, so I'll just get right down to business...

A Titmouse up on the hook:



Visual evidence to the contrary, this Titmouse did actually have two legs:



Open wide...



Just really liked the lighting in this one:



Messy eater:



Some action shots, starting with a couple of Titmouse/Nuthatch encounters:



It wasn't until I was cropping this image that I realized you can see the silhouette of the Nuthatch's legs on the lower wing:



I wish these two Chickadees had been on my side of the feeder, but I still thought this shot was pretty cool:



Really, you can't just choose a different perch? There were five empty ones at the time...





And we have a winner:



I liked the symmetry of the birds' poses in this shot, and that you can see the Nuthatch is holding two seeds in its beak:



Anybody want a peanut?



You can definitely see this Nuthatch's tongue:



Working on that balance thing:



To close things out, one of those one-in-a-million shots I couldn't have set up if I'd tried—what were the odds that the Nuthatch would hold the peanut so that the V-shaped end mirrored the V of its open beak?

No comments:

Post a Comment