Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday action

Apparently the birds decided to make up for their absence yesterday by putting on a show for me today, so I'm going to jump right on in to the good stuff.

A White-breasted Nuthatch getting settled on the feeder:



I got a kick out of this one because I somehow managed to catch the bird just before it finished swallowing a sunflower seed:



A lucky shot of the nuthatch shifting on the perch:



And getting its balance back:



Taking off, food in hand beak:



A couple more wing shots:





And this time around I'll let the nuthatch have the last word:



A Titmouse sharing space with a pair of Chickadees; it's not often I have three birds on the feeder at one time:



A close-up shot of a Chickadee:



I almost didn't post this one, but then realized it provided a somewhat uncommon look at a bird's wing joint:



Look Mom—no wings!



Loved the detail on the wing feathers in this one:



A few shots of some Chickadees chasing each other around and off the feeder:







Finally, a shot of a Chickadee as it moves from one perch to another:

No comments:

Post a Comment