Friday, November 26, 2010

Birds, birds, and more birds

I spent the day over at Mom and Dad's today, so I've got a ton of pictures to share. And seeing as how my brain feels like it's still frozen from the time I spent sitting outside photographing birds on the feeder, I'm just going to jump right on it.

A Hairy Woodpecker with what seems like an unusually large white patch on its back; on the other side of the mesh feeder is a Red-breasted Nuthatch:



Same woodpecker, this time with a couple of Titmice sharing the frame:



A series of shots of some Goldfinches on the thistle feeder next to the blue spruce tree:











A Goldfinch and its reflection:



A Blue Jay moving up from the ground to the feeder:



A Chickadee on an unusual angle of approach as it heads for the mesh feeder:



Another Chickadee hopping down off the hook:



Checking out the suet:



Heading right toward where I was sitting by the feeder:



I liked the way this Chickadee's wing and tail were fanned out:



It's a bit hard to see, but this Chickadee sitting inside the mesh feeder has a huge beakful of food:



A few Titmouse shots:







A better look at the Red-breasted Nuthatch:





And its counterpart, the White-breasted Nuthatch:



I liked this one because of the Chickadee you can also see in the background:



A moment of peaceful coexistence:



One last Goldfinch shot:



And finally, Kaylee. As you can see, she's still recovering from her Thanksgiving fun; I put the camera on the floor to take this shot:

No comments:

Post a Comment