Monday, November 15, 2010

The birds return

Thanks to a busy morning at my feeder and an afternoon spent at Mom and Dad's I've got quite a few photos to share, so I'm just going to get right down to business.

I now know for certain that it's not just the nuthatches that like the peanuts:



Is it me, or does this White-breasted Nuthatch look like it's meditating?



Getting settled on a perch can be a tricky business:







A Titmouse ready to try out for SNL's next Coneheads skit:



Morning rush hour traffic:



I felt like the Titmouse was looking at me as if to say, "Yeah, I don't even know what their deal is":



A Titmouse perched on the hook holding Mom and Dad's feeders:



And one plucking a seed from the mesh feeder; note the bit of grass stuck to its upper leg:



The Red-breasted Nuthatch scoping out the feeder situation:



Sitting pretty:





A quartet of Goldfinches on the thistle feeder; I didn't even notice when I was taking the pictures that the lower finch on the right side is looking a bit ragged—going through a late molt, perhaps?



A couple of finches jockeying for position:



"Dude! Find your own spot!"



The way four of the finches are arrayed like spokes on a wheel immediately caught my eye as I was going through the photos:



Finally, a few Kaylee pics to close things out:





No comments:

Post a Comment