Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Kauai 2011 day 11: Bird Bowl

Day 11 was Super Bowl Sunday, so we spent a good part of the day at our friend Don's house, hanging out with some friends to watch the ads. Oh, and the game. Before we left our place, though, I was able to snag a couple of nice closeups of some Spotted Doves; this one was my favorite of the bunch:



I don't recall if I was already outside on Don's porch when these two Red-crested Cardinals perched next to each other, or if they were spotted by someone inside and I snuck out to photograph them. Either way, I'm glad at least a few of them turned out okay, given how overcast and rainy it was that day:









I stepped outside during the second half for some fresh air, camera in hand, and got unbelievably lucky when a Cattle Egret landed in a tree not too far from where I was standing:



Checking out its surroundings:





I think this last one was my favorite of the bunch:

No comments:

Post a Comment