Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Falcon crest

On a sunny Saturday in September, as I was heading to my car to go to work I noticed a large bird in the tree across the street. I could tell it was a raptor of some kind, but other than that I knew I'd have to wait to download and enlarge the photos to figure out what kind it was. In the meantime, I took a bunch of pictures, some of which didn't turn out too badly considering the distance involved. As for the bird, my best guess is that it's a juvenile Peregrine Falcon. But if someone reading can either confirm or disprove this, please feel free to chime in with a comment. I took these first two while standing by my car, as I wanted to at least get a few photos of it before attempting to move any closer:


I was standing quite a bit closer to the tree when taking this second bunch of images, which greatly improved the level of detail I was able to capture:

  
Yet another would-be model for the next Angry Birds release?


Last one:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment