Saturday, December 18, 2010

Saturday smorgasbord part 2: the best of the rest

If you haven't yet read part one of today's two-part post, you can find it here.

As it's getting late and I'm fading fast, I'm just going to jump right on in to part two with a pair of Blue Jays I caught looking my way:



The Blue Jay on top of the hook in this shot is in the same pose as the one above, but this time it's accompanied by a Downy Woodpecker:



In a terrific stroke of luck, a male Cardinal flew into the blue spruce while I was watching the Goldfinches, giving me a chance to get some pretty solid close ups of it:





Cardinals, snowfall... what more could you want in a bird photo?



After the Cardinals took off for parts unknown, it was back to watching out for Blue Jays:







And finally, a few shots of a Junco that managed to sneak in a visit to the thistle feeder while the Goldfinches were otherwise occupied:







No comments:

Post a Comment