Sunday, April 11, 2010

A spring Sunday

When it became clear after three innings that today's Red Sox game wasn't going to be the speediest game on record, I decided that waiting to take photos afterward might not be the best idea in the world. So I hopped in the car and took a drive up Kelley Stand Road. With the snow finally gone there were many more spots to pull over, one of which I took full advantage of. It took a bit of careful planning to get down the fairly steep slope to the water's edge, but I think it turned out to be well worth the effort:









Being the glutton for punishment dedicated photographer that I am, I couldn't resist the urge to head down to see if my nemesis was lurking about. He wasn't, but I did see some birds I didn't recognize swimming around in the pond. I managed to get a few shots of them, and after some internet research upon my return home I discovered they were Common Mergansers—two males and a female. They moved around pretty quickly, but I did manage to get two of the three in the same shot:



Finally... well, I don't really have a thoughtful or insightful explanation for this one: I just thought the ripples looked cool:

No comments:

Post a Comment