Saturday, April 17, 2010

My shiny new toy

So, it happened: I got myself a new camera, a Nikon D5000. The manual's almost 1/2 an inch thick, and the kit came with an hour-long dvd that takes you through the basics of the different setting options—it got to the point where I wouldn't have been surprised if there was one in there for making coffee.

Once I felt like I had at least a basic grasp of how things worked, it wasn't long before I took it out for its first test drive, starting with a sparrow sitting in a tree in my parking lot:



I then went over to Mom and Dad's for a bit. Inside, I took a picture of one of Mom's new orchids:



Then I went outside to capture some of the plants starting to bloom around the house. First up, a trillium:



A rhododendron:





And what I'm guessing is a type of hyacinth:



On the way home, I stopped to photograph some sheep and lambs out grazing:





I loved how these three looked standing together:





Last but not least... well, I'm sure it comes as absolutely no surprise that I wanted to help christen my new camera by taking some photos of Kaylee:











Needless to say, I'm really looking forward to exploring what my new camera can do. Should be a lot of fun.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do with your new camera - you've already got an eye for good photographs, it's just a matter of learning to use the tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sara, way to go....your photos are so clean and crisp I can't wait to see what else this camera does. Kaylee looks especially regal and wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are wonderful! And how cute is it that Kaylee has a teddy bear?!

    ReplyDelete