Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Kauai 2013 day 14

My last day was nice and mellow. I just wanted to soak in the sights, sounds, and smells of the beach one last time (as much as I could, anyway, given I'd re-aggravated my sunburn the previous day while photographing seals). So that's what I did.


I can't wait to see these ocean colors again:



One last look at Tunnels Beach and the Na Pali coast:


For my last meal, so to speak, we headed back to the Dolphin. And once again, as we waited we watched a bird working some nearby blossoms. Granted, a House Sparrow isn't as exotic as a Japanese White-eye, but it was still fun to watch:




A look at some striking cutouts along one side of the restaurant:




The best margarita I've ever had the pleasure of drinking: it included Cazadores Reposado tequila, Cointreau, sweet and sour mix, and was topped off with some Grand Marnier:


I can't wait to have a Sunset sushi roll again: Ahi tuna, cucumber, avocado, and white onion topped with salmon:


The last photo I took on my last day. Works pretty well as a closer if I do say so myself:

No comments:

Post a Comment