Monday, January 19, 2015

Kauai 2014: days 14 and 15

My last full day of vacation started off with a bit of a surprise when I found this little one underneath some books on my nightstand:


Then we took a trip to Poipu to visit one of our favorite lunch spots: Puka Dog.


While we waited in line, this female sparrow kept a close eye out for any stray morsels:


Back in the same spot after scoring said morsel:


As it says at the link, to make a Puka dog they take a bun made with Hawaiian sweet bread, put it on a heated rod to create a hole in the middle, cook up a Polish sausage, and then put the whole thing together with your choice of one of their special sauces and fruit relish (I usually opt for the mild sauce and mango relish). Add in fresh-made lemonade (probably the best I've ever had), and you've got yourself an awesome meal:


A look at the awesome meal, featuring my mom's hand:


After we ate, I photographed a few of the wild chickens that were hanging about the dining area:




Cute little chick:


Scrounging around under the picnic table:


One last look at this handsome fellow:



I didn't take all that many photos on my last day—probably because I knew I had a ton to sort through already. So, to wrap up the vacation, just a few photos of a female shama sitting on one of the support posts of the house next door:




1 comment:

  1. I notice the lizard is shedding the skin of its tail! It's a cutie.

    Beautiful chickens, too. I always like seeing your bird photos.

    ReplyDelete