Friday, January 14, 2011

Another snow day

As was the case for most of the eastern half of the country, we woke up to a very snowy landscape on Wednesday—and it didn't look like it'd be letting up anytime soon. So we had a day off from work, which meant I had a chance to do some birdwatching.

First up, just to give you a sense of how much snow we'd gotten overnight, a shot of what my feeder looked like first thing in the morning:



A Titmouse that picked through the snow to snag a bite to eat:



This was the first Junco I've ever seen on my feeder:





A few Chickadee pictures:





I would think this tided the Chickadee over for a little while, at least:



A lucky catch of this Chickadee doing a taste test:



Think this Titmouse was trying to catch some snowflakes on its tongue?



This White-breasted Nuthatch got two for the price of one, as that bit of yellow is a piece of corn frozen onto the peanut:



Finally, a photo I took on Thursday morning; I heard a Cardinal when I walked out of the post office, and after a quick scan of the nearby trees spotted it up in some branches:

No comments:

Post a Comment