Monday, October 13, 2014

Branch Pond

To make up for how very long it's been, an extra-long foliage post. All of these images were taken during a trip with my father to Branch Pond, off Kelly Stand Road here in Vermont, on September 27.

First up, a shot taken as we started our journey up the mountain:


Images from the path we walked to get to the pond itself:




Branch Pond:


In the back center of this one, you can see someone standing on a floating platform, fly fishing:





A shot taken through the trees at one of the few moments the water was relatively calm:


Pretty much the same view, sans trees but with an unfortunate bit of lens flare:


Just thought this was an interesting little shot:


A mushroom Dad spotted as we wandered around the pond:


The largest Gartersnake I've ever seen in the wild, also spotted by Dad:


I just thought the inky markings on this trunk were interesting:


I also snuck a picture of Dad as he sat and looked over the pond:


Photos from our walk back to the Jeep:



Yes, this is the same tree as the photo above, just from a slightly different angle and with me attempting to be artsy by including the sun through the pine trees on the other side:




We stopped on our drive back down the mountain so I could take this photo looking back up the road:


Considering I got Dad to stop in the middle of a one-way bridge so I could take this shot, I figured I really should include it


Finally, my favorite shot of the day:

1 comment: