Friday, July 19, 2013

Kauai 2013: day 4

My mom's probably going to have a coronary incident when she sees I've updated my blog...

Day 4 was pretty mellow, as we scheduled a day of massages with an awesome masseuse my folks met during last year's trip. She comes right to your place, so all you have to do after she's finished with you is ooze on over to a comfortable seat until you feel like moving again; in our case, two of us would sit out on the lanai to provide some privacy while the third had their turn. I took these shots after my limbs felt like working again.

 A zebra dove in the shadows:


It took a little while, but I finally managed to capture a Java sparrow as it played a bit of hopscotch:




Checking closely to make sure no stray seeds were missed:


And finally, a few closeups of some Javas on the railing.  Given how many pics I took of the Java sparrows last year, I didn't spend a whole lot of time photographing them this time around. But they're always a lot of fun to watch, and I look forward to spending time observing them again next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment