Monday, April 22, 2013

Kauai 2013: day 3

Day three of my vacation coincided with Super Bowl Sunday, so I spent most of the day at a small gathering at a friend's house. This ended up being a good thing, as that's when I hit the travel wall and was pretty much a walking zombie not fit for much besides watching t.v. for several hours. I did, however, step out onto the lanai from time to time to try and take some shots of the Mejiros (aka Japanese White-eyes) as they flitted from tree to tree:



I was most interested in getting some shots of the birds as they worked the blossom of a nearby banana tree, and eventually my persistence paid off:


Since I was having a hard time choosing between photos, I'm basically just going to share a whole bunch of them (no pun intended) with minimal commentary—they're all fairly self-explanatory anyway:



A wider shot of a bird on the blossom, just to help provide a sense of perspective:




Peek-a-boo...


Yup, I see you:



I really liked how the position of the bird echoed the curve of the plant in these next two photos:



One final pic for the road:


No comments:

Post a Comment